Contracts and Procurement
Permanent, full time (37 hours per week)
Salary £26,999 - £28,785
Closing date: 27 February 2020 Interview date: 11/12 March 2020
With continually evolving services, this is your chance to become part of an amazing team, delivering great services throughout the county. Do you want to make a difference to the lives of some of our vulnerable residents? Do you understand what their needs might be? If you work in a creative, solution focused way this could be the role for you!
Who you are…
- Experienced in commissioning services, including Needs Assessments; service design and procurement
- Able to draft tender documentation including service specifications and contract content
- Able to analyse information and intelligence to inform commissioning of services
- Have excellent IT and administration skills with good attention to detail and able to juggle changing workload priorities
- Able communicate effectively to maintain relationships with service managers and providers
We welcome applications from individuals who can:
- Support the organisation to deliver its strategic commissioning priorities and agreed outcomes, through the commissioning of individual services
- Support managers to commission; de-commission and redesign services
- Demonstrate an understanding and empathetic approach to the needs of service users and a commitment to the delivery of quality services for vulnerable people
- Be proactive and accountable for delivery of the service, actively support new initiatives and try different ways of doing things
The successful applicant for this post will be subject to a standard check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The cost of this will be paid by us.
What we offer in return… Work that makes a difference to people’s lives within this beautiful county, in addition to structured salary reviews, local government pension scheme, discounted access to ‘Active Rutland’ keep fit activities and Flexi-Time to name just a few!
We act as ‘One Council’ in all we do, with each of us working together in the most effective way to meet the needs of our customers every day – if you share this ethos then we very much want to hear from you.
What to do now… Please visit www.rutland.gov.uk for more information about this role. For an informal discussion about the role please contact Toni Bawden, Commissioning Manager on 01572 720996 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow the links to apply online. Alternatively you can contact one of the HR team for an application pack, email: email@example.com or call 01572 758291.
All recruitment correspondence, including interview details, will usually be sent out via email. If you require documentation/correspondence in an alternative format, please contact the HR team.
Rutland County Council is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Everyone at Rutland County Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.
How to apply
We will be accepting online applications for this role, if you require access to a computer or the internet resources are available at Rutland County Council’s Catmose site and within the County’s libraries, a member of the team will be happy to help you with your application.
Please contact us on 01572 75 8291 to make alternative arrangements, if for any other reason you may struggle to complete the online application. The application forms can be made available in alternative and accessible formats.